The On30 Guy™ Standard Throttle w/Inertia is a direct replacement for the DelTang Tx21 Standard Throttle. Our version of the throttle features:
- Ergonomic design which fits easily in the hand with a direct view of all controls
- High-quality knobs, potentiometers, and switches
- Improved inertia control
- Custom-made front case cover
- Printed front panel graphics with clear indication of control functions
- Built-in rechargeable LiPo battery with cell protection and matched charging circuit (5v power supply not included. The Berrett Hill 5V Power Supply is suggested.)
- Operates up to 12 hours per charge
- Fully assembled and tested!
Developed in cooperation with Berrett Hill Trains, The On30 Guy™ Standard Throttles were engineered with a goal of producing a replacement for the DelTang Tx21 kit that was much easier to assemble, while retaining all of the features of the original throttle. At the same time, we wanted to improve the appearance and ergonomics. We believe that we’ve achieved — and exceeded — our design goals with this model!
After determining the form factor and basic control layout, we went to work by developing a modular “motherboard” for the throttle, which allows the DelTang Tx2 throttle module to drop in place (with a slight modification), as well as most of the control parts to be either pre-mounted or installed with a simple three-pin plug. By the time we were done, we found that we’d produced a product that made it possible for us to offer the throttle, fully assembled, at roughly the same cost as the original assembled DelTang throttle, even with the added feature of a built-in, rechargeable battery!
- The internal battery charging circuit requires a 5V DC power supply with a 2.1mm I.D. x 5.5mm O.D. barrel plug, positive center pin, capable of supplying at least 500mA.
The On30 Guy™ Standard Throttle w/Inertia operates exactly the same way as the DelTang Tx21 it replaces, and is compatible with all DelTang DSM2 model train receivers, including the Rx60-1, Rx61-1, and Rx63-1.
- NOTE: Our version of the throttle eliminates the center-detent speed control. We do not recommend using it for “center-off” speed control with DelTang -2 or -22 receivers. We recommend re-programming the receiver to operate as a “full-range” speed control.
- This product may contain chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer (lead). Unused or retired products should be recycled properly or may be returned to Berrett Hill for disposal in accordance with RoHS standards.